MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

racist skinheads... whos got em?

+32
JacuzziMarcus
jimmy.b
kennethxsmith
onepartloss
chrismojan
leedolin
dominic vargaz
Cody Dudevall
Real Ryan Felton
Chris
jaybird
Rob the Cunning
will335
joshgroulx
Coleman
johnhein
Rorik
Timmy Mac
Rob
JoeyParmesan
Steven Woahdick
kenny
SeanSaint
Dirty Jack
Mary
YYYY
Tim Lovelady
dhr
Tomas
Geeheeb
marc macdonalds
tdodge41
36 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:10 pm

tdodge41

I just wanna know from around Michigan if anyone thinks there is a problem with racist skinheads or nazis. This is not saying a problem with Skinheads, because not all skinheads are racist, I guess more specifically any racism in the Michigan scene. What do people know?

2racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:11 pm

marc macdonalds

marc macdonalds

isnt there some racist band from around lansing or something that plays macs every once and a while?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=719909407

3racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Geeheeb

Geeheeb

marcmacd0nald wrote:isnt there some racist band from around lansing or something that plays macs every once and a while?

That band is from Detroit. They were called Nocturnal Fear and they broke up. The singer, Slavehunter, was previously in The Angry Aryans.

4racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:36 pm

tdodge41

I have been hearing about racism being on the rise again, but dont really see it. I think this could be a good place to talk about it over the full scene of the state.

5racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Tomas

Tomas

tdodge41 wrote:I have been hearing about racism being on the rise again, but dont really see it. I think this could be a good place to talk about it over the full scene of the state.

Really? It's on the rise? That's fucking bananas. I've never once ran into racism in any form at hardcore/punk shows.

https://www.facebook.com/tomasxIV

6racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Geeheeb

Geeheeb

Not hatin' here, but I'm sure you haven't at shows where almost all the attendees are male and white.

7racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:10 pm

marc macdonalds

marc macdonalds

Tomas isnt white.

8racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:19 pm

dhr

I haven't seen a skinhead sieg heiling at a show since the 90s.

That said, with the apathy of kids nowadays and their anti-PC nonsense, they'd probably be okay with it. Back then, they were dealt with.

http://www.deerhealer.com

9racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Tim Lovelady

Tim Lovelady

I remember reading about some straight edge white power band from the west side of the state called xTotal Warx and something about them trying to recruit at the Lansing skate park.

10racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Tomas

Tomas

Geeheeb wrote:Not hatin' here, but I'm sure you haven't at shows where almost all the attendees are male and white.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying. Are you saying I haven't ever been at a show where all the people weren't dudes and whites? I'm really lost. Regardless, Marc is right, sure ain't white.

11racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:01 pm

YYYY

dhr wrote:I haven't seen a skinhead sieg heiling at a show since the 90s.

That said, with the apathy of kids nowadays and their anti-PC nonsense, they'd probably be okay with it. Back then, they were dealt with.

I feel like kids not getting offended everytime someone says faggot or makes a crude joke doesnt mean they are calloused to blatant harmful racism at a show. Not that Ive honestly ever encountered it.

12racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Mary

more mexicans in this bitch

13racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Dirty Jack

Dirty Jack

Passive racism and sexism should not be tolerated just as much as blatant racism and sexism shouldn't be.

http://www.myspace.com/direwolfmi

14racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:27 pm

SeanSaint

SeanSaint

I feel that the scene, or at least the younger part of the scene that frequently attends shows at Static Age, Metal Frat, etc., has the general attitude that racism is something inherently unethical, as they should might I add. That being said, I don't think that our scene is often confronted with situations in which people might be able to show their racist colors, as it were. I commend James for talking about racism (and how fucked it is) during Face Reality sets, as of late. There are clearly people who are passionate about being anti-racist, and it's great to see, but I think that more people should be taking a stand regarding the subject. To agree with Brennan, passive racism is still racism.

All of this being said, I think that our scene has an entirely fucked sense of sexual and gender equality. Calling someone a faggot, or telling every girl "let me get some of that" isn't funny, and is not okay. To say that it's not a big deal is pretty ignorant. Nobody could possibly know how every other person in the scene/state/world is going to react to hearing something like that. You might not give a shit that you're being called a fag by your friend, but I guarantee that someone else in the room is probably not okay with hearing something like that. I'm not trying to call anyone out, and I'm certainly not saying that I'm free of blame, but I think that if we're going to say that racism is wrong, then we need to be saying the same things about bigotry in all forms.

Punk and Hardcore are supposed to be a safe place for people who aren't necessarily accepted in "normal" society. The music that all of us undoubtedly love created a scene that helped to pioneer gender, race, and sexual equality. Next time you catch yourself saying something that isn't "PC", take a second to consider how you might be making others feel. No one is so funny or important that they have the right to violate another's "safe place".

We've done too many amazing things with our scene to fuck it up with behavior like this.

Sorry for the long response, but I really wanted to share some thoughts that I've been harboring for a while now.

15racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:13 pm

kenny

racist skinheads... whos got em? Nazis11

16racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:31 pm

tdodge41

SeanSaint wrote:I feel that the scene, or at least the younger part of the scene that frequently attends shows at Static Age, Metal Frat, etc., has the general attitude that racism is something inherently unethical, as they should might I add. That being said, I don't think that our scene is often confronted with situations in which people might be able to show their racist colors, as it were. I commend James for talking about racism (and how fucked it is) during Face Reality sets, as of late. There are clearly people who are passionate about being anti-racist, and it's great to see, but I think that more people should be taking a stand regarding the subject. To agree with Brennan, passive racism is still racism.

All of this being said, I think that our scene has an entirely fucked sense of sexual and gender equality. Calling someone a faggot, or telling every girl "let me get some of that" isn't funny, and is not okay. To say that it's not a big deal is pretty ignorant. Nobody could possibly know how every other person in the scene/state/world is going to react to hearing something like that. You might not give a shit that you're being called a fag by your friend, but I guarantee that someone else in the room is probably not okay with hearing something like that. I'm not trying to call anyone out, and I'm certainly not saying that I'm free of blame, but I think that if we're going to say that racism is wrong, then we need to be saying the same things about bigotry in all forms.

Punk and Hardcore are supposed to be a safe place for people who aren't necessarily accepted in "normal" society. The music that all of us undoubtedly love created a scene that helped to pioneer gender, race, and sexual equality. Next time you catch yourself saying something that isn't "PC", take a second to consider how you might be making others feel. No one is so funny or important that they have the right to violate another's "safe place".

We've done too many amazing things with our scene to fuck it up with behavior like this.

Sorry for the long response, but I really wanted to share some thoughts that I've been harboring for a while now.

I whole heartedly agree that sexual and gender intolerance should not be tolerated as well. These things are just important to stamp out of our scene, and much harder to confront or identify then racism simply because most people believe racism is wrong and are cool standing against it. But yes, we need to get words that demean people out of our scene as well which is going to be much harder. The problem with homophobic words being used in jest is that people are not going to want to stamp them out as easily. This is really sad.

This whole thread was spurred by talking with Ryan from Positive Noise about a column he wrote for GR Screamer about indifference among people and racism and skinheads and such. He was recently jumped by a skinhead for it. I really think confronting these things, confronting hierarchy in all forms, could be really amazing and bring us together as a scene. I love your response.

17racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 pm

YYYY

Idk I wont debate because defending ignorance is exhausting. The main concern is whether or not there is discrimination in our scene and majority of the group are likely to say that there isnt. This thread seems to be trying to fabricate intolerance that really isnt there.

Im not a racist, homophobic, or masochistic. Anymore than I am important or funny. If me being an idiot and calling my friend a fag or saying "yeah, Id fuck that chick" ruins your day then you must not have much else to worry about in your life.

I like everybody that I see at shows and would hope to think none of them perceived me as some 'breeder of ignorance'. Its not sensitive or politically correct but its what I think. It really sucks what happened to said person getting jumped and hopefully the other man involved wasnt a figure in the michigan punk scene.

18racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:07 am

Dirty Jack

Dirty Jack

People just need to be more self-aware. What comes out of your mouth, especially in a public setting, is who you are. It is how you present and carry yourself.

19racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 am

Steven Woahdick

Steven Woahdick

I don't really care what people think about what I have to say. Just like i don't care what anyone else has to say.

http://www.myspace.com/sparklersilver

20racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:01 am

marc macdonalds

marc macdonalds

Things wont change, its sad to say but they wont.

Last edited by marcmacd0nald on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

21racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 am

JoeyParmesan

JoeyParmesan

Steven Woahdick wrote:I don't really care what people think about what I have to say. Just like i don't care what anyone else has to say.

22racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:31 am

Rob

Rob

stereotyping inside the "scene" is just as bad as racism. we are all racist. its just unconscious. we dont have to think about racism, it just happens. racism is all around us.

23racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:59 am

Steven Woahdick

Steven Woahdick

Rob wrote:stereotyping inside the "scene" is just as bad as racism. we are all racist. its just unconscious. we dont have to think about racism, it just happens. racism is all around us.

THANK YOU ROBBIE!

http://www.myspace.com/sparklersilver

24racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:56 am

Geeheeb

Geeheeb

Tomas wrote:
Geeheeb wrote:Not hatin' here, but I'm sure you haven't at shows where almost all the attendees are male and white.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying. Are you saying I haven't ever been at a show where all the people weren't dudes and whites? I'm really lost. Regardless, Marc is right, sure ain't white.

pale

Well, I put my foot pretty far in my mouth here, but I'm really happy to know that you haven't dealt with racism, and that speaks highly of your local scene. Sorry about my assumption that you were white. I'm a bit of an asshole, especially online.

Rob wrote:stereotyping inside the "scene" is just as bad as racism. we are all racist. its just unconscious. we dont have to think about racism, it just happens. racism is all around us.

Well, I just made an assumption about Tomas that without a doubt could be perceived as racist. I guess its up to Tomas in this case, but I don't think its quite the same as the racist violence against my friend. I'm certainly willing to address what I did, and I know that the Skinhead (Ben), is not. Things like what I did can be learning experiences (I hope), but I don't think that straight up violence is the same.

25racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:02 am

Geeheeb

Geeheeb

In case anyone is wondering, this is the column Ryan wrote:

http://grscreamer.com/columns/2010/05/racistsboot-boysnazi%E2%80%99sfuckheads-and-goddamn-idiots/

26racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:38 am

Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac

BOMBTHREAT HARDCORE BRINGING THE RACIST JAMZ IN 2010!

https://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

27racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Rorik

Tim Lovelady wrote:I remember reading about some straight edge white power band from the west side of the state called xTotal Warx and something about them trying to recruit at the Lansing skate park.

Under Anchor played a show with this band in Cadillac back in 2007. Didn't know they were racist skins until they played and talked about it.
Fuck them and everyone who sympathizes with that shit.

28racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Tomas

Tomas

I will 120% agree with this. The thing about racism is, I don't let it effect me. Yeah, I say nigga, I say faggot, and I know in a handful of situations me and Robbie have talked about "white guy" shit. I just choose to not let it bother me. If someone wants to get mad because I say faggot and choose to look past things we could have in common, so be it. Like I was telling Jake last night, this thread seems out of nowhere considering the fact that I can say that I almost know every single person that will be at a Metal Frat show. Should people call black people niggers or mexicans spics, no, that shit's out of line, but if it is said I'm not going to sweat it because it takes a whole different breed of person to mean it. The bottom line is shit is the way it is because of the past. Marc put it best, it's not changing. I'd rather be saying faggot and shit like that than be some shitfaced punk like in the 80s. I'm fine with my scene and I love every single one of you guys, sorry if I've ever hurt anyone feelings.

29racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Tomas

Tomas

Timmy Mac wrote:BOMBTHREAT HARDCORE BRINGING THE RACIST JAMZ IN 2010!

Bombthreat? Twin towers avatar? What are you getting at good sir?

30racist skinheads... whos got em? Empty Re: racist skinheads... whos got em? Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac

Tomas wrote:
Timmy Mac wrote:BOMBTHREAT HARDCORE BRINGING THE RACIST JAMZ IN 2010!

Bombthreat? Twin towers avatar? What are you getting at good sir?

Wouldn't you like to know Wink

https://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum