MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

Static Age's Last Show: Trapped Under Ice, Fireworks, Harms Way, Dead End Path, Mother Of Mercy, Weekend Nachos, ... February 25th/26th!

+17
kirk
Rob
Dylan Duffiney
cory
chrismojan
griffin.bruce
Timmy Mac
YYYY
kevinxpeters
Rorik
marc macdonalds
turn_coat
Jeremy Goss
auntysocialdri
tbag01
johnhein
Chris
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Chris

Chris

Static Age's Last Show: Trapped Under Ice, Fireworks, Harms Way, Dead End Path, Mother Of Mercy, Weekend Nachos, ... February 25th/26th! Farewellshow1

Possibly more to be announced...

http://www.myspace.com/fromhellmi

johnhein

johnhein

great lineups, but what a bummer. MI needs more venues.

https://www.facebook.com/johnhein

tbag01

tbag01

With the loss of Static Age and if The Frat ceases to have shows after you and Sean graduate, John, then MI will return to being a black hole for smaller touring bands. =( I wish The CAID, The Bo House and the Trumbullplex were more reliable for consistent shows. I think those are all great spaces. Hopefully come March 309 will be back up and running and able to have stuff from time to time.

Does anyone know anything about North End Studios or the Russell Industrial Complex? I know shows have happened at both spots but don't know what they're like, who books there, how the shows run etc.

I'd also like to see Hybrid Moments used for shows more too, I always forget about that place.

http://www.sweatshopwatch.org

auntysocialdri

tbag01 wrote:With the loss of Static Age and if The Frat ceases to have shows after you and Sean graduate, John, then MI will return to being a black hole for smaller touring bands. =( I wish The CAID, The Bo House and the Trumbullplex were more reliable for consistent shows. I think those are all great spaces. Hopefully come March 309 will be back up and running and able to have stuff from time to time.

Does anyone know anything about North End Studios or the Russell Industrial Complex? I know shows have happened at both spots but don't know what they're like, who books there, how the shows run etc.

I'd also like to see Hybrid Moments used for shows more too, I always forget about that place.

Northend Studios is a large art space that can be rented out. I don't know a lot, but it looked like a decent place. The Russell is a bit of an expensive place with some pretty shitty sound quality; the sound just kind of floats and it's hard to hear anything.
There's lot of good DIY venues in Michigan, just not Detroit (Basement 414, Olde Jamestowne Hall, the DAAC, the Cage, the Thunderdome, the Black Cherry when they can keep it open, and any number of skate shops in the local area), and Detroit has good bar shows. I'm guessing bar shows are a turn-off; I can see that. Get power turned on to the old Packard Plant and throw some shows there maybe.

http://criminalbehaviormi.blogspot.com

Jeremy Goss

Jeremy Goss

auntysocialdri wrote:
tbag01 wrote:With the loss of Static Age and if The Frat ceases to have shows after you and Sean graduate, John, then MI will return to being a black hole for smaller touring bands. =( I wish The CAID, The Bo House and the Trumbullplex were more reliable for consistent shows. I think those are all great spaces. Hopefully come March 309 will be back up and running and able to have stuff from time to time.

Northend Studios is a large art space that can be rented out. I don't know a lot, but it looked like a decent place. The Russell is a bit of an expensive place with some pretty shitty sound quality; the sound just kind of floats and it's hard to hear anything.
There's lot of good DIY venues in Michigan, just not Detroit (Basement 414, Olde Jamestowne Hall, the DAAC, the Cage, the Thunderdome, the Black Cherry when they can keep it open, and any number of skate shops in the local area), and Detroit has good bar shows. I'm guessing bar shows are a turn-off; I can see that. Get power turned on to the old Packard Plant and throw some shows there maybe.

jamestowne hall has changed alot. you've always needed 400 bucks up front, which is steep, but they required you to rent security also as of late. i'm not sure if they still are doing that, but i know they were last spring.

losing static age sucks, we wouldn't have had 90% of the bands that have played here in the last 5 years if it wasn't for that place.

http://www.myspace.com/fatneckmosh

turn_coat

turn_coat

Hybrid Moments throws tons of shows. Sadly the place is tiny and I've seen them be pretty uptight whiners before.
I don't know why house shows have fallen off the map.
Bars have been and will continue to be the lifesblood of venues in Detroit.

http://pretentiousassholes.blogspot.com/

johnhein

johnhein

turn_coat wrote:Hybrid Moments throws tons of shows. Sadly the place is tiny and I've seen them be pretty uptight whiners before.
I don't know why house shows have fallen off the map.
Bars have been and will continue to be the lifesblood of venues in Detroit.

house shows are only nonexistent on the east side. we need more people to step up and let us trash their place.

https://www.facebook.com/johnhein

turn_coat

turn_coat

The last house show I wen tot was at Charlies w\ Shit Fucker, Black Dove and Gasmask Terror. That was around two years ago.
The last consistant punk house in Detroit was Heavy Friends which disbanded probably 4 years ago.

marc macdonalds

marc macdonalds

Fusion shows will probably pick up some of the bigger smaller touring bands (unfortunately). And Scotty has been doing more hardcore shows lately in Lansing, maybe hell start to do more of them as well.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=719909407

Chris

Chris

i have no plans of stopping booking the bands i book now. where there's a will there's a way, just sucks how little will most people have, and how resilient people are to touch anything thats not whatever's hyped right now.

tbag01

tbag01

Chris wrote:

i have no plans of stopping booking the bands i book now. where there's a will there's a way, just sucks how little will most people have, and how resilient people are to touch anything thats not whatever's hyped right now.

Instead of resilient did you mean to say "reluctant"? That makes more sense in my head for what you were saying at least. Or maybe I mis-read.

http://www.sweatshopwatch.org

Chris

Chris

tbag01 wrote:
Chris wrote:

Instead of resilient did you mean to say "reluctant"? That makes more sense in my head for what you were saying at least. Or maybe I mis-read.

haha, yeah, i meant reluctant. i was falling asleep as i typed it.

Rorik

Jeremy Goss wrote:
auntysocialdri wrote:

jamestowne hall has changed alot. you've always needed 400 bucks up front, which is steep, but they required you to rent security also as of late. i'm not sure if they still are doing that, but i know they were last spring.

losing static age sucks, we wouldn't have had 90% of the bands that have played here in the last 5 years if it wasn't for that place.

We played at Jamestowne on the 8th, and I didn't see any security people. I don't know if that was because it was a Ripped Heart show or not.

Jeremy Goss

Jeremy Goss

Rorik wrote:
Jeremy Goss wrote:
auntysocialdri wrote:

We played at Jamestowne on the 8th, and I didn't see any security people. I don't know if that was because it was a Ripped Heart show or not.

maybe nader realized how dumb it was and changed his mind. last spring when kurt ran a show there thats how it was.

Chris

Chris

Jeremy Goss wrote:
Rorik wrote:
Jeremy Goss wrote:
auntysocialdri wrote:

maybe nader realized how dumb it was and changed his mind. last spring when kurt ran a show there thats how it was.

the $400 up front was always the worst part. remember when i had to give you that for that one show, then they closed it down & it was that HUGE hassle. makes booking there the biggest pain in the ass unless you live within' a half hour of the place.

Chris

Chris

if youre going, and have a Facebook, put attending on here:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=155280491189837

i'll post any updates on there.

kevinxpeters

When would these possible other bands be announced? Cool

Rorik

Hey Chris,
I was just wondering if there was any update on that website you were talking about a while back? I thought that sounded like a good thing!

Jeremy Goss

Jeremy Goss

Chris wrote:
Jeremy Goss wrote:
Rorik wrote:
Jeremy Goss wrote:
auntysocialdri wrote:

the $400 up front was always the worst part. remember when i had to give you that for that one show, then they closed it down & it was that HUGE hassle. makes booking there the biggest pain in the ass unless you live within' a half hour of the place.

yeah its ridiculous, and the fact that it takes forever to get your deposit back sucks too. i've called them like 5 times in the past few weeks to try and set up our record release show and they haven't answered. fucks.

Chris

Chris

kevinxpeters wrote:When would these possible other bands be announced? Cool

whenever they confirm, if they do. its not like a secret wait to announce to hype thing, this was just all the bands that i had gotten to confirm when i announced the show. there are two bands that are still tentative, i'll let you know when i do.

turn_coat

turn_coat

I got stock left over from the COA Records store/distro. It has been collecting dust for around 3 years now and it needs to go.
If people show enough interest in my remaining catalog I will bring it out to the Static farewell weekend. I will only drag this shit out if I get enough response from people to do so. I don't need any "yeah do it cause it is cool to see some one table a show" bullshit. Shit has to go and Static Age shows have always provided the least amount of interest over the 5 years I did this.
No calling dibs or holds.
No mailorder.
Everything will be sold at cost or less.
So you can nab shit for $1 to $8 or so (ignore sticker price). Great deals!
So...
Here is the remaining inventory.
P.S. deal with typos. I am posting this whole list from a cell phone.

CASSETTE

MUTATOR - xbrainiax and threatner
V/A - LORTELAND: THE BOSTON TEA PARTY TAPES
Feat. Terveet Kadet, Indigesti, Enola Gay plus a ton more.
V/A - RIPPING THRASH Feat. Wretched, Infezione, Subterranean Kids, Extrem and more.

COMPACT DISC

APARTMENT 213 - Discog.
AS GOOD AS DEAD - Demo
ASSHOLEPARADE - Student Ghetto Violence
BACKSTABBERS INCORPERATED - Kamikaze Missions
BACKSTABBERS INCORPERATED - While You Were Sleeping
BONES BRIGADE - Endless Bummer
BONES BRIGADE - Focused
DARVOCETS - Have Landed
DESCENDENTS - Everything Sucks
EXPENDABLE YOUTH - Corners Of Decay
HOMOSTUPIDS - The Intern
IMPERIAL LEATHER - Something Out Of Nothing
INSTANT ASSHOLE - Straight Edge Failure
KRAUT - 81-86
LA PIOVRA - First Discovered Treasures
NAUSEA -Punk Terrorist Anthology Vol. 1
TOTAL FURY - 13 Songs
V/A - BOLD BEGINNINGS: LOUISVILLE PUNK 78-83 Feat. Malignant Growth, Dickbrains, Endtables and more. (Think of this as a Killed By Louisville or Bloodstains Across Lousiville named compilation. Marketing flaw. Crucial listening either
way.)

I'll post more in a bit. Cell phone is killing me. Argh!

turn_coat

turn_coat

Should I take that as a GTFO? Haha

turn_coat

turn_coat

7" Singles and E.P.'s

AKUTARE - Riot City
ANY LAST WORDS - s/t
ARMY OF JESUS - s/t
ARMY OF JESUS - Book Bomb
ASSEMBLY OF GOD - Submission Obedince Denial
BAIL OUT - s/t
BLANK STARE- s/t III? (the white people suck one)
THE BREAKS - Get Saved
BUMBKLAAT - Corrosion
CITIZENS PATROL - Sick Routine
CONTAMINATORS - No Friends
CONTAMINATORS - Non Existant Love
THE CONTROL - Sidearm
CLUSTER BOMB UNIT - And The Dirty Little Weapons
CRUNKY KIDS - Hardcore Malarky For Sure
DEGENERICS - Final Chapter
DAMAGE DEPOSIT - Straight To The Bottom
DISMAL - Terra Plague
FEELERS - 2007 European Tour
FIGHTING DOGS - s/t
FIND HIM AND KILL HIM - Is Fucking Dead
F.P.O. -Macedonian Text
FUCKED UP - Dangerous Fumes
FUCKED UP - Litany
FUNERAL SHOCK - s/t
HOSTAGE SITUATION - s/t
I ADAPT / NEON HOOKERS - Split
I ATTACK - American Dream
INMATES - Now We Talkin Hardcore
INSOMNIO - Walking On The String
INVADER - Raw Dog
THE JURY - s/t
THE JURY - I Hate The Future (they got robbed in Detroit)
HATRED SURGE - Serviant
LIFE TRAP - Bleak Reality
MOMENT OF YOUTH - s/t
MOMENT OF YOUTH - Sometimes
THE MURDERERS - s/t
NO PEACE - Zombie Brains
OBSERVERS - Where I Stay
OUR TIMES - s/t
PATH OF DESTRUCTION - 1:00am
PINK EYE - s/t
OUT COLD - Planned Accidents
QUESTION - Insanity
RABID GRANNIES - Inte Ditt Problem
ROSENBOMBS - s/t
ROTTEN FUX - s/t
SGT. SLAUGHTER - They Call Me Guitar Dickmouth
SICK E'S - s/t
SICK OF TALK - s/t
THE SPARK - Less Slow, More Go
SPITTING TEETH - Don't Believe The Hype
THE STATE / FUCK THIS - Split
TRANZMITORS - Teenage Tragedy
T.V. GHOST - Atomic Rain
UNITED SUPER VILLANS - Escapist
WAKE UP CALL - One Eye Open
XBR'A'NIAX / DEAD RADICAL - Split
V/A - COASTAL FLOODING Feat. Champion, Allegiance, Find Him And Kill Him plus more
V/A - NO BULLSHIT VOL.4 Feat. Out Cold, Double Negative, Chronic Seizure and more

turn_coat

turn_coat

10" 10" 10"

GET FUCKED - s/t
OUR WAR - If You're Not Now
THE PROWL - Misery
RAINBOW OF DEATH - s/t

11" 11" 11"

THE OATH - s/t (who's your daddy)

12" and LP

ACCURSED - Tunneln I Ljusets Slut
BILL BONDSMEN - Young Loud And Shoddy. (Has first two ep's and comp tracks. Released for Euro tour. Other than Felix importing 10-15 copies, I did the rest. All total only around 120 or so copies made it to the USA)
BLACK DOVE - No Future, No Fate
BLACKLISTED - The Beat Goes On
CHARM / U.G. MAN - Split
CHUCK NORRIS / JAZZUS - Split
COMRADE KILKIN - Sic Vita
COMRADE KILKIN / OMISSION - Split
CONVERSIONS -Prisoners' Inventions (one of the most innovative hardcore bands of the last 15 years)
DISASTER - Criaturas Del Mal (awesome Brazillion thrash metal)
DISASTER - Black White And Red All Over
DISNIHIL - s/t
FORENSICS - Things To Do When You Should Be Dead Anyway
FORWARD TO DEATH - Death Threat
FUCKED UP - Hidden World 2xLP
FUCKED UP - Year Of The Pig
I ATTACK - s/t
LA PIOVRA - Octopus Picture Disc. Euro press w/ added Reagan Youth cover
MUTATORS / SHEARING PINX - Split
THE NEIGHBORS - Negative Attractions
THE OATH - s/t (dim mak recs.)
RUNNAMUCKS - Inferno
TEEM CRUD COMBO - s/t
TERVEET KADET - Horse
SKIT KIDS - Besoket Vid Krubban
SYPHILITIC VAGINAS - Discog of sorts
WARVIKTIMS -Until Man Exists No More
V/A - Retro Is Poison. Feat. Active Minds, Ciril, I Object, Karnvapen Attack

That's alll folks! Ask any questions you feel like.

Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac

There's a few things I really want but will probably miss out on them.

https://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

griffin.bruce

griffin.bruce

Timmy Mac wrote:There's a few things I really want but will probably miss out on them.

https://www.facebook.com/griffin.bruce

Chris

Chris

turn_coat wrote:Should I take that as a GTFO? Haha

GTFO Shocked

turn_coat

turn_coat

Chris wrote:
turn_coat wrote:Should I take that as a GTFO? Haha

GTFO Shocked

Bug eyed emoticons command no respect.