MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

Capture The Flag Appresh

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Capture The Flag Appresh Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:35 pm

xBryanOakley

While this Downriver based three piece might not have been exactly hardcore, they were an amazing band and didn't sound like every other band out there. All three albums were and still are solid.

Anyone feel me on this?

2Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:07 am

Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac

They were great. Do me a favor and send me their discography please?

https://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

3Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:38 am

xBryanOakley

Timmy Mac wrote:They were great. Do me a favor and send me their discography please?

It'll have to be when I'm on a computer next.
I need your address so I can send you stuff.

4Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:37 pm

will335

You mean The Oven Mitts? Old shool, back in the day, I wouldn't haven't it anyother way?

5Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:03 pm

JacuzziMarcus

JacuzziMarcus

I'm very down with both The Oven Mitts and Capture The Flag

6Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:04 pm

will335

Same band, different name, can you be down with the same 3 people twice? Not sure, either way the Oven Mitts demo was the best!!

7Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:36 pm

JacuzziMarcus

JacuzziMarcus

I'm not sure how that works, so I said both just to be safe.

8Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:01 pm

xBryanOakley

will335 wrote:You mean The Oven Mitts? Old shool, back in the day, I wouldn't haven't it anyother way?

Ryan wasn't originally in The Oven Mitts.

9Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Kara P

Kara P

xBryanOakley wrote:
Timmy Mac wrote:They were great. Do me a favor and send me their discography please?

It'll have to be when I'm on a computer next.
I need your address so I can send you stuff.
Send me stuff to our address, too. Smile

https://facebook.com/karaporubsky

10Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:39 am

xBryanOakley

This isn't Will from Hyde, is it?

11Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:24 am

will335

xBryanOakley wrote:This isn't Will from Hyde, is it?

This is Will from Toledo. My old band Next2Nothing played with the Oven Mitts and Capture The Flag all the time. All there off-shoot bands played my house shows in the late 90's Kiser Sosae and a couple others that escape me know. Ryan was the heavy bass player, correct? If he wasn't in the band in the very beginning, then he was shortly there after. I believe the first time we played with them was sometime in '97 and he was already in the band. This was before they put out that demo with Old School on it. Little known fact about Down River and Toledo hardcore, Jeff Tuttle was the orginal guitarist for Blue Skies Burning from Toledo, he played the first show and quit to keep focus on the Oven Mitts. Danny Garcia took his place after that, now he's in Preminitions Of War.

12Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:37 am

xBryanOakley

will335 wrote:
xBryanOakley wrote:This isn't Will from Hyde, is it?

This is Will from Toledo. My old band Next2Nothing played with the Oven Mitts and Capture The Flag all the time. All there off-shoot bands played my house shows in the late 90's Kiser Sosae and a couple others that escape me know. Ryan was the heavy bass player, correct? If he wasn't in the band in the very beginning, then he was shortly there after. I believe the first time we played with them was sometime in '97 and he was already in the band. This was before they put out that demo with Old School on it. Little known fact about Down River and Toledo hardcore, Jeff Tuttle was the orginal guitarist for Blue Skies Burning from Toledo, he played the first show and quit to keep focus on the Oven Mitts. Danny Garcia took his place after that, now he's in Preminitions Of War.

I recall seeing Next2Nothing with Capture The Flag, along with A Day in the Life AKA Hawthorne Heights. I ended up working with Jeff and Ryan and constantly saw Steve. I tried getting them to do a reunion show, but it didn't pan out. Jeff just got married and is on tour with The Dillinger Escape Plan. Ryan lost a lot of weight and runs the Hungry Howie's that I used to. Steve lives in New York, doing I don't k ow what.

13Capture The Flag Appresh Empty Re: Capture The Flag Appresh Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:06 pm

JacuzziMarcus

JacuzziMarcus

To clear it up, I just asked Ryan. Apparently him and Steve were the original members of the OvenMitts Jeff was the last addition.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum