MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

post pics from your work

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1post pics from your work Empty post pics from your work Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 am

sadheeb :..(

At the office we have a mummy decoration left over from Halloween. The programmer who is nuts about decor didn't take it down right away and the webmaster printed out little pilgrim hats for thanksgiving. They did Santa for xmas, and so on. MLK day, groundhog day...well it was just sitting there waiting for the VD decor to go up so I made it my own funny valentine:

Spoiler:

2post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Rorik

Mine aren't as fun as yours Kevin.

Building wind turbines during winter. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

post pics from your work IMG_0159

post pics from your work IMG_0160

post pics from your work IMG_0166

post pics from your work IMG_0200

3post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Well what else am I going to post? The coffee cup that is overflowing with salty tears of boredom?

4post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:16 pm

okay okay you don't have to twist my arm:

Spoiler:

5post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:16 pm

That was my 333rd post!

6post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Rorik

Baha!! GOOGLY-EYED COFFEE CUPS N MARYJAWANNA MAGAZINES!
Your job seems fun.

7post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:05 pm

well that is one word i wouldnt use to describe it.

8post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 am

longarmshardknuckles

Holy shit Rorik, you build those turbines?!? I took a tour of one last year, is that the one DTE is a part of?

9post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Rorik

longarmshardknuckles wrote:Holy shit Rorik, you build those turbines?!? I took a tour of one last year, is that the one DTE is a part of?

I'm a crane operator and a millwright, so I do a lot of different things. This is the first turbine that I've done, and it is for the Saginaw Chippewa tribe at their waste water treatment plant. Not quite as big as the DTE ones, but it's about 120 feet tall, 40 foot blades I think?

10post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:34 pm

maersk

maersk

[img]post pics from your work Pfizer_Auditoriumjpgw300h202_zpsf196e4d1[/img]

[img]post pics from your work Pfizerrrr_zpsb796f32c[/img]

[img]post pics from your work Pfizerrr_zps7f872f71[/img]

from 2006-2008 i worked at pfizer in kalamazoo and cleaned this place/portered chemicals to the labs.....shitty work for just above minimum wage,(9 bucks an hour) but even then, it was one of the few jobs available......it was kinda fun sometimes because there was a huge maze of offices and boardrooms n shit, you could sit in there and almost nod off if you got done early, and thre was always leftover food from the caterers after the executives had their big meetings on fridays and thursdays...it was pretty good food too.......

http://mindintrusion.blogspot.com/

11post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Tim Lovelady

Tim Lovelady

Rorik wrote:it is for the Saginaw Chippewa tribe at their waste water treatment plant.

Allow me to be a nerd for a second but they're gonna power their WWTP with a wind turbine? Do you know anywhere that I could read about this? I just want to know if they have a package plant or just like a small municipal facility.

12post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Rorik

Tim Lovelady wrote:
Rorik wrote:it is for the Saginaw Chippewa tribe at their waste water treatment plant.

Allow me to be a nerd for a second but they're gonna power their WWTP with a wind turbine? Do you know anywhere that I could read about this? I just want to know if they have a package plant or just like a small municipal facility.

I'm sure there is somewhere to read about it, but I don't know where. The way I understood it, it is going to be used to circulate power back to Consumers Energy, thus saving the tribe a bunch on energy costs. I can't remember the specs, but I know that in an hour that thing can produce a fuckload of wattage.

13post pics from your work Empty Re: post pics from your work Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:33 am

No pictures, just stories.

Yesterday a very self-important lady called saying that she was trying to shop for her daughter on victoriassecret.com and the site kept coming up blocked. She was pretty rude explaining that it should be okay because she is on her lunch hour...

I explained the acceptable use policy we have, but I should have told her that we could only allow her to shop if it was work related, like buying lingerie for her boss who looks like yoda.

So today, a dude called saying his mouse was malfunctioning. Well, the mouse worked just fine. The photodiode on the bottom was obscured by a few pubic hairs that got caught in the recess by the LED.

The computer is in a cubicle at the front desk of an office. flower

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum