MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

I play bass and want to join a band

+4
Geeheeb
YYYY
marc macdonalds
sgauv
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I play bass and want to join a band Empty I play bass and want to join a band Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am

sgauv

sgauv

Sup dudes.

I play bass and have good equipment. I want to join a band. Ideally a band that is jamming within a 10-15 minute drive of Ferndale. I'm not picky about the style of music - I just want to play.
I was in onelasthope (haha) and the black dahlia murder and also played in some other bands outside of Michigan.

get at me.

2I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 pm

marc macdonalds

marc macdonalds

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=719909407

3I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:59 pm

sgauv

sgauv

Saw that. They're not near ferndale. Thanks.

4I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:35 pm

YYYY

I dont really get why people are selective about the area. I drive two hours to band practice. If the band is sweet, make the drive.

5I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Geeheeb

Geeheeb

Carbon footprint of hardcore...

6I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:06 pm

dhr

Jake wrote:I dont really get why people are selective about the area. I drive two hours to band practice. If the band is sweet, make the drive.

Really? You don't get it?

Some people do have lives outside of bands.

http://www.deerhealer.com

7I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:21 pm

sgauv

sgauv

Jake wrote:I dont really get why people are selective about the area. I drive two hours to band practice. If the band is sweet, make the drive.

I'm glad you have time to drive 2 hours to play in a band, but I have a 9-5 job, a house that I own and take care of, a wife that I spend time with, a daughter I spend time with, in-laws and immediate family that I see weekly, and I am a run 3x/week. Forgive me if I don't have 4 hours to spend in a car.

15 minute drives for the win

8I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 am

YYYY

dhr wrote:

Really? You don't get it?

Some people do have lives outside of bands.

Relax..

sgauv wrote:

I'm glad you have time to drive 2 hours to play in a band, but I have a 9-5 job, a house that I own and take care of, a wife that I spend time with, a daughter I spend time with, in-laws and immediate family that I see weekly, and I am a run 3x/week. Forgive me if I don't have 4 hours to spend in a car.

15 minute drives for the win

Forgive me for not knowing your life story. I feel like my post was read a little out of context. Im not attacking anybody; Just saying what I did and what I thought. Be in a band with your in-laws.

9I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm

dhr

Go fuck yourself.

http://www.deerhealer.com

10I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:09 pm

sgauv

sgauv

Jake wrote:

Forgive me for not knowing your life story. I feel like my post was read a little out of context. Im not attacking anybody; Just saying what I did and what I thought. Be in a band with your in-laws.

It's not just my life story. No one drives 2 hours to be in a band except you.

None of my in-laws are musicians, but my Dad was a professional musician for 10 years, so being in a band with him would be sweet.

11I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Peter Venkman

Peter Venkman

sgauv wrote:
Jake wrote:

None of my in-laws are musicians, but my Dad was a professional musician for 10 years, so being in a band with him would be sweet.

haha yep. If you are in a band thats 2 hours you must have a lot of disposable income for gas....

12I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:56 pm

YYYY

Peter Venkman wrote:
sgauv wrote:
Jake wrote:

haha yep. If you are in a band thats 2 hours you must have a lot of disposable income for gas....

Well you have glasses.. and although I dont have a life, I work a ton so I can make it happen. Im not trying to criticize; Just tryna encourage you to jam! Even if the drive to another place like Chesterfield is 30 minutes. The pool is gonna be pretty small if youre only looking for people who thrash on your block.

13I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Jstumph

Jstumph

All I can say is the dude has dedication

14I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 am

Dj Liden

Dj Liden

i drive 2.5 hours to Mt Pleasant for Under Anchor practice about once a month. they pay for half of the gas.

however, it would be pretty terrible to drive a long distance to start a band. driving all that way to find out its not what you wanted or that its not the style you're going for. or it could be the best thing ever!

i think everyone's ideal situation is for the band/practice space to be close to home.

15I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 am

Dj Liden

Dj Liden

shit! i meant to mention that in order to practice up there, i often have to pack my drums, my lady AND my dog and take them with me. and have an uncomfortable indirect confrontation with rorik's landlord. (whoops!)

16I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:19 am

Geeheeb

Geeheeb

Positive Noise practices about 4 times a year (it shows if you've seen us live), not kidding...and its about 2 hours drive. Oily Menace all lives together in a collective.

17I play bass and want to join a band Empty Re: I play bass and want to join a band Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:29 pm

sgauv

sgauv

Jake wrote: The pool is gonna be pretty small if youre only looking for people who thrash on your block.

That's true. I found 2 guitarists.

Anyone wanna play drums in an indie rock/noise rock type band?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum