MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Exploration: Detroit"

+6
Tomas
jimmylawson (dad)
JoeyParmesan
marc macdonalds
Fighting Uruk-Hai
jaybird
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Exploration: Detroit" Empty "Exploration: Detroit" Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:04 am

jaybird

jaybird
Admin

Anybody see this? I'm about to watch it. Johnny Knoxville is featured in it. Oh boy.

http://www.palladiumboots.com/exploration/detroit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTLnLew4s1g

2"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:46 am

Fighting Uruk-Hai

Ha. Ko is my old roommate. Haven't seen her in years.

3"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:38 pm

marc macdonalds

marc macdonalds

i liked it.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=719909407

4"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:01 pm

JoeyParmesan

JoeyParmesan

Saw it a couple days ago, was cool that Johnny Knoxville was in it. They were just doing stuff I was doing in 9th grade, but with v necks.

5"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:23 pm

jimmylawson (dad)

jimmylawson (dad)

ive been seeing previews for this, but im glad it is finally online in its entirety. i liked it.

some friends of mine ran into knoxville at a bar on 2nd street. he had a dog with him.

http://www.myspace.com/cobracobracobra

6"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Tomas

Tomas

Do not like Detroit, I'm a sourpuss

https://www.facebook.com/tomasxIV

7"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:11 pm

xBryanOakley

James or anyone else for that matter...
Did you ever see the Time Magazine that was supposed to focus on Detroit for one year?

8"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:46 pm

jaybird

jaybird
Admin

JoeyParmesan wrote:Saw it a couple days ago, was cool that Johnny Knoxville was in it. They were just doing stuff I was doing in 9th grade, but with v necks.

if that's all you got from it, i don't think you weren't paying much attention.
i think it was inspiring and provided a lot of history on the buildings that people explore. personally, it gave me hope that someone with a little bit of social power has an idea for this city and is already working on it.
i also think the people they brought on to give a little bit of insight on the city were pretty cool but they could have broadened the spectrum a little more on the type of people.

9"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:47 pm

jaybird

jaybird
Admin

xBryanOakley wrote:James or anyone else for that matter...
Did you ever see the Time Magazine that was supposed to focus on Detroit for one year?

saw a photo of the train station, got annoyed, directed my attention elsewhere.

10"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:11 am

JoeyParmesan

JoeyParmesan

jaybird wrote:
JoeyParmesan wrote:Saw it a couple days ago, was cool that Johnny Knoxville was in it. They were just doing stuff I was doing in 9th grade, but with v necks.

i think it was inspiring and provided a lot of history on the buildings that people explore. personally, it gave me hope that someone with a little bit of social power has an idea for this city and is already working on it.
i also think the people they brought on to give a little bit of insight on the city were pretty cool but they could have broadened the spectrum a little more on the type of people.

I guess I'm not allowed to make a joke.

11"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:36 am

jaybird

jaybird
Admin

JoeyParmesan wrote:
jaybird wrote:

I guess I'm not allowed to make a joke.

shit

12"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:14 am

xBryanOakley

jaybird wrote:

So, is it safe to say that you didn't keep up with it?
I know they had a whole team of 10 or 12 people who were in the right position(s) to help change Detroit and revamp it, not too sure how that went.
Anyone know?

13"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:18 am

Tomas

Tomas

xBryanOakley wrote:
jaybird wrote:

I know they had a whole team of 10 or 12 people who were in the right position(s) to help change Detroit and revamp it, not too sure how that went.
Anyone know?

I'd guess from the looks of things, not very well

14"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:09 pm

kevinxpeters

Tomas wrote:
xBryanOakley wrote:
jaybird wrote:

Anyone know?

i caught the end and it made detroit look like shit, it was embarrassing.

15"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Tomas

Tomas

kevinxpeters wrote:
Tomas wrote:
xBryanOakley wrote:
jaybird wrote:

Anyone know?

Isn't that usually the role of us in sports and daily news around the country? Half the guys I play Medal of Honor with asked me obscure questions like "have you ever been shot at?" and "is it really that dangerous?". I personally think Detroit's cursed.

16"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:31 pm

xBryanOakley

kevinxpeters wrote:
Tomas wrote:
xBryanOakley wrote:
jaybird wrote:

Anyone know?

Kevin... How'd you catch the end of a year long series that hasn't ended yet?

P.S. - Does your new Sbarro have alfredo sauce?

17"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:11 am

Rob

Rob

Detroit is inspiring. Motivational. Theres such a small scene in anything your doing that whatever you do is going to get noticed (if you do it right.. of course not everything is going to blow up). Everytime i do anything in detroit theres always new people. new energy.

potentially everything is there. un-motivational attitudes about or towards detroit are nowhere on my radar anymore. WE are letting our city go to waste. And even though i am not from detroit, detroit built the city i live in now. so i will say WE.

18"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:48 pm

kevinxpeters

xBryanOakley wrote:
kevinxpeters wrote:
Tomas wrote:
xBryanOakley wrote:
jaybird wrote:

Anyone know?

Kevin... How'd you catch the end of a year long series that hasn't ended yet?

P.S. - Does your new Sbarro have alfredo sauce?

I think i was thinking of the dateline special or one of those. I think it was just an hour long special. It talked a lot about urban farming and all our abandoned buildings.

ps-i think my dm fucked me over, i went there and they told me they don't have many hours right now, so i don't have a job right now.

19"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:37 pm

xBryanOakley

kevinxpeters wrote:
I think i was thinking of the dateline special or one of those. I think it was just an hour long special. It talked a lot about urban farming and all our abandoned buildings.

ps-i think my dm fucked me over, i went there and they told me they don't have many hours right now, so i don't have a job right now.

I'll beat the fuck out of your DM.

As far as the Detroit special from Time Magazine, I don't know if everyone is familiar with it, but it seemed like an amazing project/idea. I can't find anything on it which leads me to believe that either it was trashed before it was finished or they just gave up.

20"Exploration: Detroit" Empty Re: "Exploration: Detroit" Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:10 pm

tomxalexander

tomxalexander

Rob wrote:Detroit is inspiring. Motivational. Theres such a small scene in anything your doing that whatever you do is going to get noticed (if you do it right.. of course not everything is going to blow up). Everytime i do anything in detroit theres always new people. new energy.

potentially everything is there. un-motivational attitudes about or towards detroit are nowhere on my radar anymore. WE are letting our city go to waste. And even though i am not from detroit, detroit built the city i live in now. so i will say WE.

Damn Rob, nicely said

http://www.flickr.com/bigxred

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum