MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

eBay Finds

+6
jaybird
jasont
jimmy.b
Timmy Mac
dhr
xBryanOakley
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1eBay Finds Empty eBay Finds Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:51 pm

xBryanOakley

As we all know, eBay can be the way to quick cash or a way to lose your money. I've had spurts of my life almost controlled by what I was buying and selling on eBay. This past January, my three year ban was lifted and I rejoined and began buying stuff right away. It goes in spurts, like previously said. All in all, that shit I just typed was pointless, but I'm wondering what great eBay finds you've come across and I'm not talking like you won a Judge - Chung King Can Suck It LP for $3000(Because there's a copy at every garage you don't go to, right Tim?) But real great finds and even throw out some search tips or listing tips. I've got selling tips - That could potentially get you banned, if you care.

I recently bought a Stone Cold hockey jersey for $0.99.

2eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 pm

dhr

xBryanOakley wrote:As we all know, eBay can be the way to quick cash or a way to lose your money. I've had spurts of my life almost controlled by what I was buying and selling on eBay. This past January, my three year ban was lifted and I rejoined and began buying stuff right away. It goes in spurts, like previously said. All in all, that shit I just typed was pointless, but I'm wondering what great eBay finds you've come across and I'm not talking like you won a Judge - Chung King Can Suck It LP for $3000(Because there's a copy at every garage you don't go to, right Tim?) But real great finds and even throw out some search tips or listing tips. I've got selling tips - That could potentially get you banned, if you care.

I recently bought a Stone Cold hockey jersey for $0.99.

Why did you get banned for 3 years and what's your username so everyone can block a shady dude who was banned for 3 years?

http://www.deerhealer.com

3eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:40 am

Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac

xBryanOakley wrote:Judge - Chung King Can Suck It LP for $3000(Because there's a copy at every garage you don't go to, right Tim?

Dude, there is. One day I'll find mine.

https://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

4eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:25 pm

jimmy.b

jimmy.b

It's true! I went to garage sale here in Wyandotte and was stunned to see that this woman was selling an H20 shirt and an Amino Acids shirt. So I checked out her CD collection and bought Mineral- End Serenading, Pelican- EP, Descendents- Somery, Jawbreaker- Bivouac. She had a bunch of other stuff like Screeching Weasel and the Queers. She also had a bunch of local stuff. We got to talking and found out that, unfortunately, I showed up too late because she just sold a huge lot of cassettes for $50. She wouldn't tell me what was in the lot because she knew I'd just be upset. I tried talking her into selling me her Dear You LP, but no go!

Meanwhile on the Internet: I just started using eBay about a month ago and became addicted. I've only really bought hardcore/punk memorabilia. The coolest things (which I'm still waiting on shipment for) are a couple fliers from old shows. One of which is The Vandals, Dag Nasty and Underdog. I bought it for $6.00.
I'm gonna start looking for hockey jerseys for cheap, I think. And I'm currently watching a Simpsons fanny pack for 1.99 because why not?

5eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:31 pm

jasont

jasont

I bought a couple Slayer shirts for like $.65 each because the goof started the bidding at a penny.

6eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:32 pm

xBryanOakley

jasont wrote:I bought a couple Slayer shirts for like $.65 each because the goof started the bidding at a penny.

I love when people post things that they don't know what the value is and they end up paying more in fees from eBay and PayPal than they make.

One giant tip....
It is against eBay Policy for anyone to make any money off of shipping and handling. So, depending on how the item is shipped(USPS, FedEX, UPS, DHL, et cetera), check with them for an accurate quote of the shipping charges and the materials(Box, tape, envelope, et cetera), before paying $25 for shipping on something that will cost $8.95. Time is neither shipping nor handling, therefore a seller cannot charge you for their time to take the package to it's drop off point because every company(UPS, DHL, FedEX and USPS) offer home delivery pick up at no additional charge.

7eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:36 pm

xBryanOakley

jimmy.b wrote:It's true! I went to garage sale here in Wyandotte and was stunned to see that this woman was selling an H20 shirt and an Amino Acids shirt. So I checked out her CD collection and bought Mineral- End Serenading, Pelican- EP, Descendents- Somery, Jawbreaker- Bivouac. She had a bunch of other stuff like Screeching Weasel and the Queers. She also had a bunch of local stuff. We got to talking and found out that, unfortunately, I showed up too late because she just sold a huge lot of cassettes for $50. She wouldn't tell me what was in the lot because she knew I'd just be upset. I tried talking her into selling me her Dear You LP, but no go!

Meanwhile on the Internet: I just started using eBay about a month ago and became addicted. I've only really bought hardcore/punk memorabilia. The coolest things (which I'm still waiting on shipment for) are a couple fliers from old shows. One of which is The Vandals, Dag Nasty and Underdog. I bought it for $6.00.
I'm gonna start looking for hockey jerseys for cheap, I think. And I'm currently watching a Simpsons fanny pack for 1.99 because why not?

During the summers, Tim, Marc and myself were notorious for walking/driving throughout Wyandotte when they had the city wide garage sales and we've learned that if you don't get there on the first day, you don't get anything.

8eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:26 pm

dhr

You can use the shipping calculator feature and it will do all of the work for you. Select the shipping options you want, put in the weight of the package, and add a few bucks in the "handling fee" section...and you're good to go.

9eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:47 am

jaybird

jaybird
Admin

xBryanOakley wrote:
jasont wrote:I bought a couple Slayer shirts for like $.65 each because the goof started the bidding at a penny.

I love when people post things that they don't know what the value is and they end up paying more in fees from eBay and PayPal than they make.

One giant tip....
It is against eBay Policy for anyone to make any money off of shipping and handling. So, depending on how the item is shipped(USPS, FedEX, UPS, DHL, et cetera), check with them for an accurate quote of the shipping charges and the materials(Box, tape, envelope, et cetera), before paying $25 for shipping on something that will cost $8.95. Time is neither shipping nor handling, therefore a seller cannot charge you for their time to take the package to it's drop off point because every company(UPS, DHL, FedEX and USPS) offer home delivery pick up at no additional charge.

say someone is selling a record for $5.00 BIN but with a shipping price of $75.00. any way i can get the record for 5 dollars and the normal price of shipping?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTLnLew4s1g

10eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:20 am

xBryanOakley

jaybird wrote:say someone is selling a record for $5.00 BIN but with a shipping price of $75.00. any way i can get the record for 5 dollars and the normal price of shipping?

Yes and no. It's an odd subject, but what the correct steps are if you truly want this record is first and foremost make sure that it isn't actually going to cost $75 to ship. Then you win the auction or BIN, you'll have to pay the full $80 for the item... Once you receieve the item, and you have proof that it didn't cost $75 to ship, you open a claim with eBay for reimbursement of shipping charges and explain you have proof that it didn't cost $75 to ship. Even if the seller responds, eBay will 9 out of 10 times decide in your favor because it violates their policy.

I bought a pair of Jordan shoes for $0.01 with a shipping price of $175, knowing damn well it wouldn't cost $175 to ship them, but they just wanted to guarantee money and they did it that way. The day I receieved the shoes, I sent the seller a message stating how I was contemplating opening a case with eBay because it had cost him $8.77 to ship the shoes. He didn't respond to me and I went aheadand opened a claim. eBay ruled in my favor for a full reimbursement of funds, including the $0.01 that I had bought the shoes for and they let me keep the shoes. I've done this a few times in regards to different items and have had eBay decide in my favor every time and it's not wrong/against policy/illegal. Just be careful because you'll be out that $80 right away but as long as you take the proper steps, you'll be fine.

11eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 am

dhr

You guys are a bunch of horribly sketchy eBayers.

You entered a contract with a dude with the conditions being very clear right in the auction. If you don't like the terms, don't bid. You're not entitled to owning it for what you want to pay.

Please, post your eBay names so I can just block you.

12eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:24 pm

dhr

P.S.

That's said with love and respect. As long as you don't bid on any of my auctions!

13eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:38 pm

jimmy.b

jimmy.b

xBryanOakley wrote:

During the summers, Tim, Marc and myself were notorious for walking/driving throughout Wyandotte when they had the city wide garage sales and we've learned that if you don't get there on the first day, you don't get anything.
Yea, so true. But my friend picked up a bunch of Simpsons stuff from the 90s for cheap and bought Zeppelin IV on vinyl for a quarter. That was pretty sweet.

14eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:39 pm

jimmy.b

jimmy.b

dhr wrote:P.S.

That's said with love and respect. As long as you don't bid on any of my auctions!
post a link! I just bid and pay immediately.

15eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:40 pm

griffin.bruce

griffin.bruce

dhr wrote:You guys are a bunch of horribly sketchy eBayers.

You entered a contract with a dude with the conditions being very clear right in the auction. If you don't like the terms, don't bid. You're not entitled to owning it for what you want to pay.

I think it's way sketchier to overcharge on shipping like that. That always bums me out so hard when people are obviously being jerks about their auctions that way. If they want to ensure they make enough money off an item, go somewhere where it's not an auction! Putting something up for auction means you're taking a risk of not selling it for as much as you'd like.

https://www.facebook.com/griffin.bruce

16eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 pm

dhr

griffin.bruce wrote:

I think it's way sketchier to overcharge on shipping like that. That always bums me out so hard when people are obviously being jerks about their auctions that way. If they want to ensure they make enough money off an item, go somewhere where it's not an auction! Putting something up for auction means you're taking a risk of not selling it for as much as you'd like.

Maybe, but the price is posted right in the auction. There's nothing secretive about it. Nobody is forcing you to bid. We can't name our price on everything.

17eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:51 pm

onepartloss

onepartloss

jimmy.b wrote:It's true! I went to garage sale here in Wyandotte and was stunned to see that this woman was selling an H20 shirt and an Amino Acids shirt. So I checked out her CD collection and bought Mineral- End Serenading, Pelican- EP, Descendents- Somery, Jawbreaker- Bivouac. She had a bunch of other stuff like Screeching Weasel and the Queers. She also had a bunch of local stuff. We got to talking and found out that, unfortunately, I showed up too late because she just sold a huge lot of cassettes for $50. She wouldn't tell me what was in the lot because she knew I'd just be upset. I tried talking her into selling me her Dear You LP, but no go!

I've had more luck on Craigslist when it comes to cheap hockey jerseys.

http://www.twitter.com/onepartloss

18eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 pm

kevinxpeters

Hey Bryan, i have a couple things i want to get rid of on ebay. I've never sold on there before, help me out soon.

19eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:52 pm

xBryanOakley

kevinxpeters wrote:Hey Bryan, i have a couple things i want to get rid of on ebay. I've never sold on there before, help me out soon.

You know I got you.

20eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 am

griffin.bruce

griffin.bruce

dhr wrote:
griffin.bruce wrote:

Maybe, but the price is posted right in the auction. There's nothing secretive about it. Nobody is forcing you to bid. We can't name our price on everything.

Yah, but posting that price as part of shipping instead of using a reserve or setting it as buy it now at the price you want just seems pretty sketchy to me. Why put it as shipping and handling if it's actually the price you want for the item? I just dont understand that practice.

21eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:02 pm

dhr

griffin.bruce wrote:
dhr wrote:
griffin.bruce wrote:

Yah, but posting that price as part of shipping instead of using a reserve or setting it as buy it now at the price you want just seems pretty sketchy to me. Why put it as shipping and handling if it's actually the price you want for the item? I just dont understand that practice.

I'm with you.

22eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Will

Will

griffin.bruce wrote:
dhr wrote:
griffin.bruce wrote:

I could be wrong, but I always thought that was done in order to avoid paying ebay fees. As far as I'm aware they are based only on starting and ending price and don't take shipping into account. That's probably why ebay frowns on it so much, since they are the ones getting slighted.

http://www.myspace.com/rzldzl5

23eBay Finds Empty Re: eBay Finds Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm

griffin.bruce

griffin.bruce

I had not thought of this fact. Perhaps that is the case, which makes it slightly less shady in my eyes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum