MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nerd Discussion Thread (please dont post how lame you think we are in this thread)

+26
YYYY
JoeyParmesan
oscarsolees
jacksonFIVER
marc macdonalds
Timmy Mac
Tomas
Rob the Cunning
johnhein
dudstur
jessicahunt
griffin.bruce
Geeheeb
ryanhord
Coleman
austin
AM/PM
AaronBondroff
DillonAntulis
jer bear
Rorik
charles
jham
ethanj
tdodge41
leedolin
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

leedolin

leedolin

johnhein wrote:
dudstur wrote:making a new weapon for the larp season, shit's about to pop the fuck off.

we're going to have a bunch of people playing this summer. people have already begun sharpening their blades for bloodcourt.

I CANT FUCKING WAIT.

https://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=a148bf788b887b35e9335aa0f08

leedolin

leedolin

I just downed sindragosa on 25 man in WoW. Working on Lich King asap.

AaronBondroff

AaronBondroff

charles wrote:
AaronBondroff wrote:Anyone else really enjoying Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

absolutely. i like some of the things from the first series better, but the pace of this one is much more interesting. things are happening faster and there is more action. they changed sloth, which i think is good because she was too similar to lust in the first series.

I think almost everything about this series is better. I don't think it's going to be a cop out like the last one. No more of the "It's not magic, it's science. IT'S NOT MAGIC, IT'S SCIENCE. IT'S NOT FUCKING MAGIC, IT'S SCIENCE....... Oh wait, it's magic." bullshit. I mean, the first series was awesome, it's just the way they ended things was a total bummer. I think it'll be completely different in this series. I'm around episode 35. How far are you into it?

https://www.facebook.com/aaronbondroff

AaronBondroff

AaronBondroff

griffin.bruce wrote:
charles wrote:
AaronBondroff wrote:Anyone else really enjoying Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

absolutely. i like some of the things from the first series better, but the pace of this one is much more interesting. things are happening faster and there is more action. they changed sloth, which i think is good because she was too similar to lust in the first series.

I really need to get into these series. What little I've seen I loved. Anybody have any links to watch this online?

leetanime.com

I'm not sure if you care about it only have subtitles or not, if you want english dubbed versions, just tell me and I'll try to find them. But I'm pretty sure the first series is on there with english dubs.

charles

charles

AaronBondroff wrote:
charles wrote:

I think almost everything about this series is better. I don't think it's going to be a cop out like the last one. No more of the "It's not magic, it's science. IT'S NOT MAGIC, IT'S SCIENCE. IT'S NOT FUCKING MAGIC, IT'S SCIENCE....... Oh wait, it's magic." bullshit. I mean, the first series was awesome, it's just the way they ended things was a total bummer. I think it'll be completely different in this series. I'm around episode 35. How far are you into it?

I've only watched the ones they've aired on adultswim. I am just going to watch them as they air it that way. I've already seen the first one so I'm not trying to rush and see all the new ones yet. I liked the way they built up the story in the last one. This one is much faster paced, which could be good considering they'll probably do everything towards the end way differently. The ending they put in conqueror of shamballa was okay. It pissed me off kind of, but I was alright with it. Also, they didn't show it on adultswim yet, but my cousins girlfriend said that scar teams up with ed an al. I want to see that.

Rob the Cunning

Rob the Cunning

Who's using Steam? Add me. smackinisaiah

https://www.facebook.com/smackinisaiah

austin

austin

rob the cun wrote:Who's using Steam? Add me. smackinisaiah

Wes Mantooth <SF>

https://www.facebook.com/austin.reed1

tdodge41

Been eating up the Eldrazi cards since the pre release, got six packs that day, plus the Emrakul, and then today I got an under the table on 4 of the 5 intro packs. Hittin that fat pack on Friday! Dammmnnnnnn there are some powerful cards in this mess. The Eldrazi creatures although good seem to be few and far between, and the big sleeper for me is the totem armor. SO GOOD!!! That and the levelers... but I mean those were always cool. Get down with it!

Geeheeb

Geeheeb

GET IT HOW YOU LIVE!

charles

charles

tdodge41 wrote:Been eating up the Eldrazi cards since the pre release, got six packs that day, plus the Emrakul, and then today I got an under the table on 4 of the 5 intro packs. Hittin that fat pack on Friday! Dammmnnnnnn there are some powerful cards in this mess. The Eldrazi creatures although good seem to be few and far between, and the big sleeper for me is the totem armor. SO GOOD!!! That and the levelers... but I mean those were always cool. Get down with it!
I pulled some sweet shit in the prerelease. I got a kozilek in the first pack I opened. I also got linvala. I put kozilek and emrakul in my mono green edh deck and played three games with it and elvish pipered one of them out each game by turn 5. it was weird but awesome. for me at least. and totem armor is like false demise but with an actual benefit other than keeping something alive. Snake umbra is great because it gives green card draw. Also, White got some card draw this time too, which is weird, but great.

Rob the Cunning

Rob the Cunning

austin wrote:

Wes Mantooth <SF>
'

Yo, you got borderlands? I'm about to buy the orange box from GameStop this weekend for 10 bucks. I notice you play a lot of TF2. Let's get it!

austin

austin

rob the cun wrote:
austin wrote:

Wes Mantooth <SF>
'

Yo, you got borderlands? I'm about to buy the orange box from GameStop this weekend for 10 bucks. I notice you play a lot of TF2. Let's get it!

i have a pirated version of borderlands, so i'm not sure how the online works, but hell yes to the orange box. it's the best purchase i ever made.

https://www.facebook.com/austin.reed1

leedolin

leedolin

charles wrote:
tdodge41 wrote:Been eating up the Eldrazi cards since the pre release, got six packs that day, plus the Emrakul, and then today I got an under the table on 4 of the 5 intro packs. Hittin that fat pack on Friday! Dammmnnnnnn there are some powerful cards in this mess. The Eldrazi creatures although good seem to be few and far between, and the big sleeper for me is the totem armor. SO GOOD!!! That and the levelers... but I mean those were always cool. Get down with it!
I pulled some sweet shit in the prerelease. I got a kozilek in the first pack I opened. I also got linvala. I put kozilek and emrakul in my mono green edh deck and played three games with it and elvish pipered one of them out each game by turn 5. it was weird but awesome. for me at least. and totem armor is like false demise but with an actual benefit other than keeping something alive. Snake umbra is great because it gives green card draw. Also, White got some card draw this time too, which is weird, but great.

It wasnt awesome for Derrick and I

tdodge41

leedolin wrote:
charles wrote:

Do tell...

PS. We are having drafts in Lansing possibly Fri night and for sure Sat morning and there is the official release rare that will come with that. Good times. Friday morning, FAT PACK here I come.

AaronBondroff

AaronBondroff

charles wrote:
AaronBondroff wrote:
charles wrote:

I've only watched the ones they've aired on adultswim. I am just going to watch them as they air it that way. I've already seen the first one so I'm not trying to rush and see all the new ones yet. I liked the way they built up the story in the last one. This one is much faster paced, which could be good considering they'll probably do everything towards the end way differently. The ending they put in conqueror of shamballa was okay. It pissed me off kind of, but I was alright with it. Also, they didn't show it on adultswim yet, but my cousins girlfriend said that scar teams up with ed an al. I want to see that.

A lot of things are different about this one. A few events that happened during the past change. After like the 12th or 13th episode, it becomes COMPLETELY different from the first one. I liked the first one a lot, too. But I think this series blows the old one out of the water. But yeah, Scar ends up teaming up with everyone in this series. He's a lot different of a person than he was in the first one, though. A lot of the events of his past has change. But I'll stop ruining it for you. All I have to say is one more thing...

ROY MUSTANG IS KING. king cheers

charles

charles

tdodge41 wrote:
leedolin wrote:
charles wrote:

Do tell...

PS. We are having drafts in Lansing possibly Fri night and for sure Sat morning and there is the official release rare that will come with that. Good times. Friday morning, FAT PACK here I come.
after i got home from the prerelease, derrick and lee and i played a few games of edh. i had put kozilek, and emrakul in my mono green deck, and i elvish pipered one of the two out by turn 6 each game. they weren't too pleased with it.

also, i heard the release card was kozilek. do you know anything about that?

charles

charles

AaronBondroff wrote:
charles wrote:
AaronBondroff wrote:
charles wrote:

A lot of things are different about this one. A few events that happened during the past change. After like the 12th or 13th episode, it becomes COMPLETELY different from the first one. I liked the first one a lot, too. But I think this series blows the old one out of the water. But yeah, Scar ends up teaming up with everyone in this series. He's a lot different of a person than he was in the first one, though. A lot of the events of his past has change. But I'll stop ruining it for you. All I have to say is one more thing...

ROY MUSTANG IS KING. king cheers

Roy Mustang is pretty badass. I heard about the things you were just talking about from my cousin's girlfriend already, so you didn't ruin it. also, i just keep watching the fuhrer now because of the end of the last one. it's like i'm waiting for him to slip up and get caught or something. do you watch neon genesis evangelion?

Rorik

Everyone should read Berserk and lose their minds over how good it is. Go.

AaronBondroff

AaronBondroff

Star Wars: The Old Republic is going make World of Warcraft look like Runescape. Anyone else agree?

Tomas

Tomas

Rorik wrote:Everyone should read Berserk and lose their minds over how good it is. Go.

OLD NEWS

https://www.facebook.com/tomasxIV

Rob the Cunning

Rob the Cunning

Tomas X wrote:
Rorik wrote:Everyone should read Berserk and lose their minds over how good it is. Go.

OLD NEWS

Yes but still one of the greatest manga ever. IMO.

aaronbondroff wrote:Star Wars: The Old Republic is going make World of Warcraft look like Runescape. Anyone else agree?

100% why I built my PC. And you're 100% right about that statement too. WoW can suck my lightsaber hilt-size boner when that game comes out.

dudstur

dudstur

AaronBondroff wrote:Star Wars: The Old Republic is going make World of Warcraft look like Runescape. Anyone else agree?

Eh, i was this excited about this game when i heard of the first press release a year and a half ago. I've played galaxies and know any other mmo would be better than galaxies (especially after the SOE take over.) The game looks good, but how they have been releasing information has been terrible. They portray it in one way, then show new footage that is completely different and has no relevance to their previous info release. There isn't much of what the game is exactly going to be like yet and the only thing they really emphasize is that "it's the first fully voiced mmo." All the time and money spent into the voice recording and character/npc creation for this could have been put toward making the game better and releasing sooner. Have they even started the beta or alpha test yet?
ffxiv, get into it.

https://www.facebook.com/xjamesxwalton

Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac

James Walton - Nerdiest jock on the planet. I love you

https://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

AaronBondroff

AaronBondroff

dudstur wrote:
AaronBondroff wrote:Star Wars: The Old Republic is going make World of Warcraft look like Runescape. Anyone else agree?

Eh, i was this excited about this game when i heard of the first press release a year and a half ago. I've played galaxies and know any other mmo would be better than galaxies (especially after the SOE take over.) The game looks good, but how they have been releasing information has been terrible. They portray it in one way, then show new footage that is completely different and has no relevance to their previous info release. There isn't much of what the game is exactly going to be like yet and the only thing they really emphasize is that "it's the first fully voiced mmo." All the time and money spent into the voice recording and character/npc creation for this could have been put toward making the game better and releasing sooner. Have they even started the beta or alpha test yet?
ffxiv, get into it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-combat-star-wars/64689

There's a combat video. The way they have been releasing info does kind of suck, but I completely disagree with " All the time and money spent into the voice recording and character/npc creation for this could have been put toward making the game better and releasing sooner.". They're trying to make a game that's on a different level than anything else ever made. They're going to take their time, do it right and not rush anything. I mean, sometimes I wish they would, but I just think it'll be better this way. The release date is supposed to be next spring, though.

AaronBondroff

AaronBondroff

dudstur wrote:

ffxiv, get into it.

And nothing will ever compare to FF7 or FF10. Best console games ever created except the Ocarina of Time.

Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac

AaronBondroff wrote:
dudstur wrote:

ffxiv, get into it.

And nothing will ever compare to FF7 or FF10. Best console games ever created except the Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time. Finally a game I've played. How shitty is that Water Temple?

https://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

tdodge41

timmy mac wrote:
AaronBondroff wrote:
dudstur wrote:

ffxiv, get into it.

Ocarina of Time. Finally a game I've played. How shitty is that Water Temple?

Oh man... you had to fight your shadow self! my hatered came from the forest temple. Puzzles suck. Fighting Ganon was sweet though.

dudstur

dudstur

AaronBondroff wrote:
dudstur wrote:

ffxiv, get into it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-combat-star-wars/64689

There's a combat video. The way they have been releasing info does kind of suck, but I completely disagree with " All the time and money spent into the voice recording and character/npc creation for this could have been put toward making the game better and releasing sooner.". They're trying to make a game that's on a different level than anything else ever made. They're going to take their time, do it right and not rush anything. I mean, sometimes I wish they would, but I just think it'll be better this way. The release date is supposed to be next spring, though.

They shouldn't of started releasing info until this summer in my opinion. They put out their beta invites wayyy before FFXIV did and ffxiv is already in closed alpha stage. No one is truly going to appreciate the mmo being fully voiced. I've watched the combat video, but it still doesn't show how it coagulates and actually works within the regular play. They've showed combat clips, and clips that make the game look like just another SWKTOR game but with your friends.
online. there isn't any certainty on how the game is actually going to be like.

https://www.facebook.com/xjamesxwalton

marc macdonalds

marc macdonalds

AaronBondroff wrote:

X-2 was the best Final Fantasy game ever made.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=719909407

AaronBondroff

AaronBondroff

marcmacd0nald wrote:
AaronBondroff wrote:

X-2 was the best Final Fantasy game ever made.

Uhhh.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum