MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

shows in Mt. Pleasant

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1shows in Mt. Pleasant Empty shows in Mt. Pleasant Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 pm

sXepunk

Does anyone know of any venues within a couple miles of Mt. Pleasant that have all ages punk and hardcore shows? I've been looking but I can't seem to find anything.

2shows in Mt. Pleasant Empty Re: shows in Mt. Pleasant Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:31 pm

sadheeb :..(

sadheeb :..(

Last time I talked to Rorik about this there wasn't much going on there. I assume you know him?

3shows in Mt. Pleasant Empty Re: shows in Mt. Pleasant Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:51 pm

sXepunk

I don't know him. I actually just moved here.

4shows in Mt. Pleasant Empty Re: shows in Mt. Pleasant Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm

tbag01

tbag01

sXepunk wrote:I don't know him. I actually just moved here.

Talk to This Man

http://www.sweatshopwatch.org

5shows in Mt. Pleasant Empty Re: shows in Mt. Pleasant Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:45 pm

sXepunk

Thanks. I just messaged him on Facebook a little while ago. I almost never talk to people on there that I don't know, but I really want to find some information about the local scene here.

6shows in Mt. Pleasant Empty Re: shows in Mt. Pleasant Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Rorik

Yeah, not much happening here currently. Trying to make it happen, hopefully something will crop up again in the near future.

7shows in Mt. Pleasant Empty Re: shows in Mt. Pleasant Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 pm

tbag01

tbag01

There's Rubbles bar but I imagine that's at least 18+ if not 21+? That seems to be the only somewhat consistent place I hear about having shows in the Mt. Pleasant area.

http://www.sweatshopwatch.org

8shows in Mt. Pleasant Empty Re: shows in Mt. Pleasant Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:25 am

Rorik

tbag01 wrote:There's Rubbles bar but I imagine that's at least 18+ if not 21+? That seems to be the only somewhat consistent place I hear about having shows in the Mt. Pleasant area.

Rubble's is 21+. Every once in a great while they used to let a certain amount of 18+ people in, but I don't know if they do that anymore. I haven't booked or played a show there since Under Anchor circa Zac Folk / 3-piece era late '07.

I go to shows there sometimes when some indie / bar band friends of mine are playing. I sang a couple RATM covers there not too long ago while drunk on a whim (friends called me up for Killing In The Name and Bulls On Parade in the UA voice, good times).
There are no punk shows there anymore.

Mt Pleasant has a house that can do shows now (my friend Fred and I started a new band and we practice there, not a punk band), there just aren't ANY local punk / metal bands. UA, Cloud Rat, Old Soul all have Detroit area members. Beast In The Field are from Bay City / Midland and are too loud for a house show here.

I don't know. It is pretty much dead right now. I'm not saying it can't come back, and I hope it does. We'll see.

9shows in Mt. Pleasant Empty Re: shows in Mt. Pleasant Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Elk Mage

Elk Mage

It's a real shame we no longer have Justice Records or the Wesley Foundation.

http://www.oldsouloldsoul.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum