MICHIGAN HARDCORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MICHIGAN HARDCORE

You are not connected. Please login or register

Throwing a show for my buddy in the military.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nick_H

Nick_H

This guy is absolutely my best friend in the world and in November, he ships out for Afghanistan for a year. He's been stuck in Alaska for almost 2 1/2 years and hasn't been to a show since he's been there. I really am trying to do something cool for him and throw a show full of bands (mostly locals) he's really into while he's home. So far, I've asked most of the locals that are favorites of his to play, but I want to try and get a solid midwestern national or two that he's really into to play. Does anyone on here have booking experience with any of these bands, and if so, could you tell me how realistic it is to book one these bands and how to go about doing so? Any help at all would seriously mean the world to me.

Some bands he's really into:

Death Threat
Ringworm
Cruel Hand
Mother of Mercy
Harm's Way

Like I said, if any of these are realistic in any way and you know how I could go about getting ahold of them, please let me know. The date I have right now is November 5th.

johnhein

johnhein

I'm assuming most of those bands won't travel just to play this show unless you pay them a hefty sum. Harms Way would be your best bet, as they're just in Chicago but they just played Michigan not too long ago.

https://www.facebook.com/johnhein

Nick_H

Nick_H

I figured HW wouldn't be too hard, but since they're now doing tours with shit like Acacia Strain and what not, I figured they'd start asking for a lot more. Ringworm is just from Ohio, so I can't imagine they'd be too much. The problem is I have no idea how I would even get ahold of them to even ask.

Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac

Nick_H wrote: Ringworm is just from Ohio, so I can't imagine they'd be too much. The problem is I have no idea how I would even get ahold of them to even ask.

They're all grown men and assuming they all live in Cleveland you'd probably be surprised what that'd cost.

https://www.facebook.com/timxmacdonald

Nick_H

Nick_H

"They're all grown men and assuming they all live in Cleveland you'd probably be surprised what that'd cost."

haha You're probably right. I'll probably have to settle with just being able to get my friend's favorite locals together. I figured I'd still give it a shot and see if anyone knew anything about any of these bands and how to get them. I'm going to try and give Harm's Way a show. Why not?

John, do you still have any of their booking info?

turn_coat

turn_coat

Timmy Mac wrote:
Nick_H wrote: Ringworm is just from Ohio, so I can't imagine they'd be too much. The problem is I have no idea how I would even get ahold of them to even ask.

They're all grown men and assuming they all live in Cleveland you'd probably be surprised what that'd cost.

I doubt Ringworm would want a shit load. The problem would be they are all older and some of the stories I've heard about Pellow trying to get out of his house to play shows are hilarious.

http://pretentiousassholes.blogspot.com/

Nick_H

Nick_H

I sent out emails to Harm's Way, Mother of Mercy, and Ringworm (thanks for the help Andrew). Now I'll just cross my fingers and see if at least one of them can play.

Thanks so much for the responses and help, everyone. I appreciate it so much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum